Westonbirt Arboretum is located 25 minutes drive from Plough Lane and is a superb forestry commission attraction. The highlight of the year at Westonbirt is definately the stunning autumn colours but a visit is well worth it year round. Here are 5 reasons to visit Westonbirt whilst you are with us at Plough Lane…
- It has one of the finest tree collections in the world and is considered possibly the most important arboretum in Great Britain.
- Covering 600 acres, with 18,000 trees and shrubs including rare and exotic species. Westonbirt is a real treat for keen gardeners or for anyone who would enjoy a relaxing stroll around a beautiful woodland park.
- Plenty to see and do. As a Forestry Commission woodland, Westonbirt is very well managed and has great facilities on site. This includes a garden centre, cafe and shop.
- Explore their tree top walk way which is over 300m long and winds through the canopy of the woodland. It is step free so is accessible to all and rises to about 13m – equal to the height of 3 double decker buses stacked on top of one another. Unique and amazing views guaranteed!
- Westonbirt hosts Forest Live music events throughout the summer. Previous acts to play include Kaiser Chiefs, UB40, Tom Jones & Simply Red. What could be better than listening to live music in a beautiful woodland? Find out more and book forest live tickets.
Westonbirt is a great place to visit whilst you are staying with us. The autumn colours really are a once in a life time must see – we recommend guests check the Forestry Commission website for details on when it is best to catch them.